Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Scriptures Are Evermore Revealing

I am constantly blessed and amazed at how God can take a scripture and continually expand its deepness to a person's heart.  As I read the bible, the verses I know very well and some that I can't remember ever reading before both have the same freshness and power.  I hear so often from people who know they aren't living God's plan for their lives, "I know that" or "You can't tell me anything I don't already know or haven't heard."  The point of the scriptures never was to know it all, or to be a supper genious of the black and white text of the bible.  The scriptures are for the purpose of God revealing His heart to mankind, and mankind being able to hear God's voice as He reveals it from His heart directly to man.
    When we understand that God always has a conversation ready to enjoy with us personally and daily, then that is when the Scriptures come alive, and joy begins to be overwhelming.  There truly is no greater and more enjoyable place to be than in God's perfect plan.  The beauty of what God desires of us is that it is great for Him and what is great for Him, is great for us.
     With all that said, God really brought a well know scripture alive to me yesterday. 
  Ephesians 5:25
      Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her;

This is a verse that I have read many times, I could quote it and say it anytime, but just yesterday it became deeper and more alive than ever. 
    We live in a time were I am seeing so many girls and ladies dissappointed with men they have chosen.  Now I am talking particularly about single ladies, if you are married well hopefully your husband reads this.
I see ladies and girls that are attracted to the funny, nice guys that say nice things, only to end up dissappointed with what he turns out to be.  Now the right guy can be funny and nice, but if His Godliness isn't first then don't be upset when you learn how he really is.  Ultimately you end up with just what you asked for.
    The bible says Husbands, love your wives, Just as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her;
 Wow, that means that the husbands role is to literally be the savior of the family on this earth, he should be a man that is willing to give up his life, his time, his emotions for the betterness of the family.  If that means hunting/fishing/ or "time with the boys" has to be given up in order to be a real man and grow a stronger relationship with his wife, then so be it.  A husband is to be a man, that is willing to be a mockery to the world in order to be the savior of his household.  A husband is to be a man that is emotionally stable, a real husband has no room for wearing his feelings of his shoulders.  Man if we had daddies and husbands like God told us to be, then divorce wouldn't even be a word, and a wife would not be insecure. 
     I trust in Jesus because He is the One, Who gave Himself for me.  He put my needs before His wants, He did ask if there was any way other than the cross, then let Him do it, but He ended the statement with "Not My will but Your Will be done."  Jesus has showed His faithfulness to me, and has proved Himself over and over, He has forgiven me over and over, and has believed in me from the beginning and never wavered.  Oh if we had husbands like this today, what a difference it would make.
    Oh if we also had women who only went for men like this, then all the guys that are going to be a dissappointment because they are arrogant and selfish would be by themselves.  If the ladies went after Godly men instead of seeking the funny and flattering ones, then the flattering ones would never dissappoint any lady and the ladies would never be dissappointed.
    I believe the responsibility for any family issue not fixed, and the failure of any family rest on the husband above all, cause He is given the responsibility.  But I also believe if the ladies choose an unGodly man, they shouldn't be surprised with unGodly results.  The husband is to love his wife as Christ loves the church.



Again forgive me for misspellings, typos, and grammatical errors.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment