Wednesday, October 28, 2009

October 31st message

Just wanted to clear somethings that Calley says may not be so clear.




So here we go:



1. Saturday's fun begins at 5 till 8

2. The bible character dress up is for adults as well as children, and I think it would be wonderful to be as involved as possible as an encouragement to the children and showing a real involvement with them. Come even if you don't dress up, but it sure would be cool if you would.

3. Guys --- if you are willing I would love to see you at 1:30 to help with setting up for the activities for the night.

4. Girls --- contact Calley at 601-334-0724 or Cristi at 336-9539 for help in that department.

5. Everybody is wanted by 5:00pm on Saturday. :)

Also I would like to explain somethings about this fun Saturday night.
As a church, as pastor, and as just plain on Danny Reed, halloween is not a celebrated event. On the subject of Halloween, it is an evil root that it began with, and because of evil it still exist today. I can explain the traditions and origins of Halloween in pretty good detail, but I will save time and say you can google it or ask me and I will be glad to explain. To say that the evil origins and the evils of halloween till this day are not obvious is really just ignoring the obvious.

With that said, some may wonder why are we having anything on halloween then. Well this is an event that Calley and I have wrestled with for several years, and have strongly opposed. For years I have excused myself from halloween alternatives by saying "Christians shouldn't have an alternative to evil." Each year I have also thought to myself well plenty of other churches have activities going on for an alternative. And while they are both true and valid, the fact I can't ignore any longer is that some of the children that go to our church will not go anywhere else.

This year we decided to venture out and begin this annual event because number one I don't believe in alternatives, so why not take what the devil intended for evil and kick him in the face with a Godly atmosphere and a wholesome enviroment for people to be in. Jesus isn't an alternative, He is the defeator of the devil. This is a night of victory not just alternatives. The more time goes on, the more I realize that the less Christians do, the more people the devil ruins, and I don't want to miss an opportunity to rescue someone.

In light of all the above I have finally decided on a name for Saturday's event. It is Hallelujah Night, cause it is a night that Jesus will be lifted up, regardless of the reasons that October 31st began a couple 100 years ago, Jesus is the victor, He has defeated the devil and he won't stop. HALLELUJAH OUR GOD REIGNS.

Have an awesome day,

Danny and Calley



p.s. I take no responsibility for bad grammar, runons, fragments, rambling or the likes. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment