Monday, July 27, 2009

What A Difference A Prayer Makes

Recently God has branded two scriptures on my spirit man.

1. John 15:7 But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted

2. Romans 8:31 What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?

I have turned these Scriptures in my head like never before, and I can honestly say believed them like never before. Well a few weeks ago, I began searching for a dear friend that I haven't seen in probably 6 years and had no clue where he was. I searched the internet and couldn't find him, so I just casually asked God to help me find him. And look out within a few days I come face to face with him. A friend who had lived in the Dallas area, and has been living in Winnsboro for a couple of years now, and in Sicily Island God works it out. There are so many details to how God brought us together that would take hours to type, but the bottom line is God gave me exactly what I asked. And not only that, God gave far above what was asked and now it is obvious that God put the desire in my heart to look for my friend for a reason. God knows what we all need, right when we need it.
Sorry I can't go into great detail, but I will say this, the devil got kicked in the face by God bringing the friendship back together, and lives have been saved as a result.

I leave with this verse about the Holy Spirits purpose

John 16:14 He will bring me glory by telling you whatever he receives from me.

The Holy Spirit, unknowing to me, was telling me that Jesus wanted me to find my old friend. And much Glory has been brought to Jesus Christ as a result.

Whatever we ask, truly will be granted!!! And when we are abiding in Christ, Christ is leading us in what we ask. Just think about it like this, if God puts the request that we ask in our Spirit man, why would He not answer His own request?

No comments:

Post a Comment